The Management in Action Program (MAP) prepares managers to become more strategic in their leadership, more effective at achieving results through others, and more successful at creating a culture that attracts and retains the very best people.
Is MAP for me?
To apply for MAP you must be a benefits-eligible manager who . . .
- supervises at least two classified staff, appointed professionals, faculty, or student workers/graduate associates
- has acquired and demonstrated the basic knowledge, skills, and abilities of a successful manager through either experience or professional development
- can commit to in-person attendance at all program events
- has secured the support of your immediate supervisors during the application process
If selected, what will I receive as part of the MAP cohort?
- Six leadership workshops designed to provide you with important skills and real-world advice about Employment Law, Career Conversations, Leading Change, and Building and Retaining Effective Teams
- An individual Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) assessment
- Two peer learning and networking opportunities guided by designated MAP Mentors and Subject Matter Consultants
- Membership in the campus-wide network of MAP Program Graduates
- Up to four individualized Leadership Coaching sessions near your successful conclusion of MAP
- Certificate of completion
How do I apply?
Applications for the 2017-2018 cohort will open in early/mid Summer 2017
What can I expect, once I have applied?
- The MAP Advisory Council will select up to 25 applicants to participate.
- All applicants will be informed of the selection results by late September/early October 2016.
Who can I contact if I have questions about MAP?
Please direct comments or questions to Marcie Limón de Krogstad at 520-621-1388, or firstname.lastname@example.org